These simple vanilla cupcakes are a delightful and tempting treat. Easy to make and ridiculously delicious. We’re sure these gluten-free cupcakes will become your favorite recipe.
Dairy-Free, Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
At Gluten Free 4 U, we know different people have different dietary requirements. We have recipes for anyone who is dairy-free, egg-free, vegan or vegetarian. We have substitute options below if you’d prefer your cupcake entirely vegan. That’s right. There is no dairy and no eggs. So everyone can enjoy these delicious treats.
We Love A Vegan Version
The sponge is buttery and creamy, even though it has no butter or eggs. There is no awful denseness which often accompanies vegan baking. The cupcakes are fluffy, light and moist with a glorious golden colour.
This vanilla cupcake recipe is quick and straightforward too. Using only a few ingredients available anywhere and taking less than 45 minutes to make you can whip these up anytime you wish. Even if you have a midweek cupcake craving which of course, you need to fix, this recipe is fast enough to fill cupcake desires which may strike at any time.
Or perfect to make for an occasion and a party because the ingredients are friendly for everyone. Oh, and they’re nut-free too because we never forget about our nut sensitive friends.
- 2 and 2/3 cups (320 g) of everyday gluten-free flour blend
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar
- Touch of salt
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups milk (for instance coconut milk, rice milk)
NOTE: We like to avoid almond milk for our nut sensitive friends
- 2 tsp vanilla extract)
For Vegan Vanilla Icing
- 2 1/2 cups coconut cream
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- Sprinkles (optional)
NOTE: We say sprinkles are optional, but they sure make your cupcakes just a little more fun.
Only The Simplest Of Utensils Are Required
- 1 x Oven
- 1 x cupcake baking tin
- 12 x cupcake liners
- 3 x mixing bowls
- 1 x hand beater
- 1 x wooden or silicone spoon
- 1 x toothpick
Ready For The Simplest Baking Method?
Ok, here it goes.
- Preheat your oven to 180 ºC and line a cupcake baking tin with 12 cupcake liners.
NOTE: We suggest to brush the inside of the liners with a little bit of vegetable oil and this way you’ll ensure they don’t stick to the liner.
- Grab a bowl and mix all the dry ingredients.
- Grab your second mixing bowl and mix the wet ingredients, and add them to the dry ingredients. Stir them all together well, until you get a smooth cupcake batter.
Yes. It’s as simple as that.
- Transfer the cupcake batter into cupcake liners, fill each liner to around 3/4 full. (remember they’ll rise)
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 ºC for about 30 – 35 minutes or until the tops are bouncy.
- Insert a toothpick into one of the cupcakes, and if the toothpick comes out clean, they’re ready to take out.
NOTE: During the cupcake baking time, we suggest to prepare the icing.
Vegan Vanilla Icing Method
Now it’s time to get our your third mixing bowl and your hand beater. Using the beaters, beat the coconut cream until smooth and slightly increased in volume.
- Add in the powdered sugar. Now, slowly increase the mixer speed. Start at low when you’re adding the sugar to the coconut cream and then increasing the speed to high.
- Beat at high speed for about 5 – 10 minutes, or until the icing looks fluffy and it’s grown in volume.
- Add the vanilla paste until evenly mixed into the mixture.
Once the icing is ready, and the cupcakes have cooled, put the icing into the piping bag. Pipe the frosting on top of each cupcake.
Decorate the top with sprinkles and please sit back and enjoy.
Don’t Feel Like Baking? Visit Us Today And Grab Some Cupcakes To Enjoy
If you’re in Melbourne or Brisbane come into Gluten Free 4 U bake house for freshly baked cupcakes and other deliciously tempting baked treats.
Please call to confirm which products we still have available on the way because they sure run out the door real quick.